By accessing the Site, downloading or using the App, or engaging with any of our Services, you consent to the management of your personal data as detailed in this Policy. Your interaction with our Site or Services, including any privacy-related disputes, is governed by this Policy and our Terms of Service. These include restrictions on damages and dispute resolution methods. The Best of Safety Terms of Service are included within this Policy by reference.
Registered users will gain entry to one or several client portals or dashboards (each, a “Portal”). For information about the data collected through the Portals, and its usage and disclosure, please refer to the “Information We Collect in Our Capacity as a Service Provider” section below. In this Policy, “customers” refers to entities that engage with our services on a complimentary or paid basis. “Users” are individuals who interact with our Services as part of a customer’s subscription. “You” or “your” refers to individuals representing our customers in our service-related interactions, users, and any other individuals visiting our Site.
Data Collection Details
We acquire information about you both directly and through third-party sources, as well as automatically via your engagement with our Site or Services. The nature of information we collect is contingent on your usage of our Services.
Direct Information Collection
Here are instances when we collect information directly from you:
Software demonstration: For a software demo request, we need details like your name, email, company name, phone numbers, and any additional information you choose to provide.
No Fee Services: To set up an account on our Site or App for a service that doesn’t require payment, we collect your name, email, company name, and a password. We might ask for your phone number to text service-related messages, as permitted by law, but this isn’t mandatory. We might also gather information about other authorized users for the Services.
Subscriptions: Upgrading to a paid subscription involves collecting further details via our Site, like payment information, billing and shipping addresses, and specifics about the services you’re purchasing. This information is shared with payment processors. We’ll seek permission to access your address book for inviting new users to your project.
Email, blog, and newsletters: If you sign up for emails, newsletters, or blog updates, we collect your email address to send these materials.
Contests: Participation in contests requires information like your name and email, along with other contest-specific details. This information is used for managing the contest and contacting you if you win.
Contacting Us: When you reach out for customer service or other reasons, we collect information based on the nature of your contact, including name, email, contact details, and inquiry specifics. Using our chat feature on the Site or App leads to storing chat details for quality improvement, understanding your interests, and sending promotional materials. Automated responses and push notifications might be generated from this information. Phone calls might be recorded for customer service and training.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Insurance Partners: We collaborate with various insurance service providers and may receive your information from these partners, for instance, when they refer you to our Services.
Your Employer: If your employer requests a product demo or signs up for services, we may get information about authorized individuals.
Other Users: If another service user invites you to join a project, we receive information including your name and email, necessary for account creation.
For more details on how we use information from partners, employers, or other users, refer to “Information We Collect in Our Capacity as a Service Provider” below.
Automatic Information Collection
We and our service providers automatically gather data about your usage of our Site and App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including those designed for mobile apps. Where lawful, we combine this with other collected information, including personal data. This might be linked to your account.
Automatic Site Data Collection includes:
- Domain name
- Browser type and operating system
- Device information
- IP address
- Pages viewed, clicked links
- Site visit duration and Service usage
- Referring URL
- Location based on IP address
Automatic App Data Collection includes:
- Mobile device ID
- Device name and model
- Operating system details
- Language settings
- Viewed pages and in-App activities
- Time logged into the App
- Location information, collected with your permission for reporting safety-related details. You can disable this via your device’s location settings.
See “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” for more information.
Information in Our Service Provider Capacity
Partners: We work with insurance companies providing mutual customer and prospective customer information, aiding in service preparation and delivery. We receive customer information from partners and direct user interactions. We share the customer’s Best if Safety Services Score with partners for insurance underwriting and quoting, without sharing incident specifics, images, or personal data, except as legally required or per our customer agreement.
Our Services: As a service provider, we hold information about customer users. We use this as per our customer contract terms. For instance, when customers input safety incident details into our App, they may include personal details like names, emails, addresses, and medical information. We share this data in line with our customer agreement. For example, if a customer provides detailed loss runs but our agreement limits sharing to a Best of Safety Services Score, we won’t share the detailed loss runs.
We use automatically collected data for App operation evaluation, troubleshooting, customer service, and product improvement.
Utilization of Your Data
We employ your data, inclusive of personal information, for various objectives:
- Transactional Uses: To deliver our Services, fulfill your orders, enhance our products, contribute to our safety success program and risk grading algorithm, and manage our contests according to their rules, including notifying winners.
- Customer Service: For communication regarding your use of our Services, providing product-related updates (through service providers), addressing inquiries, and other customer service activities. Where law permits, we use your phone number for service-related text messages.
- Customization: To modify the content and information we send or display, offer personalized assistance and instructions, and personalize your experience with our Services.
- Advertising and Marketing: To send newsletters and marketing emails about our and our affiliates’ products and services, or those from other entities in joint marketing ventures. This also helps us in external advertising on websites, apps, and online services, and to assess the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns across various channels.
- Administration: To understand user interaction with our Services, both aggregated and individualized. For instance, determining the most popular features of our Site and App.
- Research, Development, and Analytics: For research and analytical purposes, including creating case studies and enhancing our products.
- Loyalty Program: For managing our customer loyalty program.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: To conduct surveys and questionnaires for market research or member satisfaction.
- Compliance: To adhere to legal requirements, as a part of our overall business operations, and for other business administration tasks.
Sharing Your Information
Your information, inclusive of personal details, may be shared in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We provide your information to service providers, contractors, or agents who perform tasks for us. This includes customer support, billing, CRM systems, chat features, Site and App administration, marketing services, analytics, and information security service providers.
- Contest Results: If you take part in a contest, we might share your information when announcing results on our Site, App, or social media.
- Advertisers: We work with entities for targeted online advertising and may share information with them.
- Affiliates: We disclose collected information to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Partners: As previously detailed, we share information with our partners based on our customer agreements. They may directly market their services to you.
Additional Disclosure Situations:
- Business Transfers: In cases of acquisition, merger, investment, or asset transfer involving our company or affiliates, your information may be transferred to the other company. During business transfer processes, we may share some of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including legal and consulting professionals.
- Legal Compliance: We disclose your information to comply with laws, judicial proceedings, court orders, or other legal requirements, such as responding to subpoenas.
- Protection of Rights: We may share your information to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to safety, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as part of legal proceedings involving us.
Aggregated and Anonymous Data: We share aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified user information with others for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
We do not disclose information to unaffiliated parties for their direct marketing.
Usage of Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers utilize cookies and other tracking mechanisms to monitor your interactions with our Site, App, and Services. We may integrate this data with other personal information we collect from you (and our service providers may do so on our behalf).
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers transferred to your device’s hard drive via your web browser for record-keeping. Some cookies simplify navigation on our Site, App, and Services, while others enable quicker login or track your activities on our Site, App, and Service. Cookies are categorized into session and persistent types.
Session Cookies: These exist only during an online session, disappearing when you close your browser or turn off your device. They help us identify you uniquely during a session, process transactions and requests, and verify identity as you navigate our Site, App, and Services.
Persistent Cookies: These remain on your device post-browser closure or device shutdown. They track aggregate and statistical user activity data.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can modify browser settings to block future cookies. Browser help sections provide instructions for preventing new cookie acceptance, notification settings for new cookies, or disabling cookies entirely. Note that disabling cookies might limit some features on our Site and Services.
Other Tracking Technologies
Clear GIFs/Pixel Tags/Local Storage Objects: These tiny graphics function like cookies but are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We use them to track activities of Site visitors and App users, manage content, and compile statistics. They’re also used in emails to track response rates, view notifications, and forwarding occurrences. Local storage solutions store web content for efficient login, while IndexedDB allows offline Service usage on mobile devices.
We and service providers like Google use collected information (from our Site, App, devices, or other entities) to identify your other devices for targeted advertising and email sending. Opt-out instructions are available in the Ad Networks section. Note that opt-outs are specific to the browser, app, or device used.
Currently, our systems don’t recognize “do-not-track” signals. However, you can disable tracking (e.g., cookies) and opt-out of targeted advertising as outlined in the Ad Networks section.
U.S. users can opt out of many ad networks, like through the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page, affecting interest-based advertising from those companies but not eliminating all ads. Ineffective opt-outs due to browser cookie settings are possible. More information is at the DAA and NAI websites.
Links and Personal Information Handling
Links to Other Websites
Our Site, App, and Services may include links to other companies’ websites. The use of these linked websites is not covered by this Policy but by their respective privacy policies. We do not control the information practices of these external websites.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have taken reasonable steps to safeguard the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please be aware that no data security measures can offer absolute security.
You should protect your password, phone, and computer to prevent unauthorized access. This includes logging off from shared computers, choosing strong passwords that others cannot easily guess, and keeping your login credentials confidential. We are not liable for lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or any unauthorized activity on your account due to such issues.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can alter your personal information by logging into your account and updating your profile. To modify information we hold, you can also contact us via the contact details in the ‘Contact Us’ section, or through our customer support chat or phone line. Be aware that updated, modified, or deleted information may still remain visible in cached and archived pages for some time.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We send periodic promotional emails which you can opt out of by following the instructions in the email. Opt-out requests may take up to 10 business days to process. Even after opting out of promotional emails, you may still receive emails regarding your account or services requested or received from us.
For questions about our Services’ privacy aspects or to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com, 332-239-BOSS(2677).
This Policy is valid as of the Effective Date mentioned above. We may modify this Policy occasionally, so please review it periodically. Changes will be posted on our Site and App. If we make significant changes affecting how we handle previously collected personal information, we will try to notify you in advance by highlighting the change on our Site and App.